Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The things I couldn't leave behind

A Dutch covered butter dish

Four Delft tiles in a frame

A Baccarat pink heart

Lucy Plummer's name in small magnetic tiles for the refrigerator'

A porcelain used tea bag holder from Kate Wallace

Elva's flowered paper weight

The little book I made for Tom

My black fountain pen

My art bag

My sterling silver (kept it under the front seat)

My Mary Oliver poetry books

A small wooden sign that reads "Money Can't Buy You Love."

The red alarm clock

What I miss:

My Anthropology plates and cups. I should have held them on my lap.

The Norton Anthology

My Shakespeare (am reading Antony and Cleopatra on line--ugh)

All the Things We Cannot See

The Elegance of the Hedgehog

Tom's childhood marbles in a crystal bowl

My mother's sampler


No comments:

Post a Comment