Wednesday, May 5, 2021

When I go to the Sarah Daft home


 I will buy this daybed from Crate and Barrell and decorate in black and white pillows and also buy the mirror. I have a similar lamp. Perfect for a one-room home and not at all old ladyish. Of Course, it would never look like this, because I don't intend to leave the bed. Just prop me up with books and a MacBook and I'll be good to go.



This is the Sarah Daft Home on 13th East. I could sit on the front porch and see my old high school.

I am thinking of this, because Tom and I watched Anthony Hopkins in The Father last night, which allows you to experience dementia first hand. It was excellent, and we never want to see it again.

By the way, I've never seen anyone sitting on that porch. Never.

It reminds me of our first house in America, (1948) which was directly behind St. Anne's Orphanage. Never saw a child on the playground. This still bothers me.

The creepy thing about nursing homes is that I'm pretty sure you'd have to live your life to their schedule. I don't do that get up and go thing. I'll see you at lunch.
I'm a night person. Of course, I'm a night person.

Still, it might be better to go voluntarily, so your children don't go mad with your care. See Olivia Coleman playing the daughter in The Father. Yikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment