Saturday, February 4, 2023

Thursday night emergency?




 My posts have been irregular, because I left my computer at Jill's house. I checked the bedroom before I left, but I think I made it into the bed. Seriously.  Anyway, Jill came back from her vacation in the Maldives and sent it back. It arrived today.  Thanks, Jill. I'm glad to have it back. Using Tom's old clunker of a desk computer put me off my game.

So Thursday night, at eleven o'clock there were six (6) huge fire engines lined up on our side of the street. When does that happen? Lights were ablaze, but nothing else was. Our building had no alarms.  The action seemed to be happening up the street, but I think it must have been a health emergency rather than a fire. No smell of smoke, no hoses, no water. Nothing except a few firemen moving up and down the sidewalk. Not even a body.

Imagine having a heart attack or a gas attack and having six fire engines show up! It was like the circus had come to town. It was better than a circus. I sat on the terrace in my coat for a half hour. It was like being five years old again.  



1 comment:

  1. So glad to have found your blog. This was my missionary blogger name. Cynthia L

    ReplyDelete