Sunday, May 29, 2011

Woman in a tub

This morning I woke up to a shocking dream: I had taken a snapshot of myself in the bathtub and it was on the internet. It was a prim photo, but it was on the internet. Even awake, I was not sure that it wasn't true. I googled myself to see if such a photo would show up. Nothing.

I imagined someone (News at 5) sticking a microphone in front of my face, showing me the photo in the tub and asking, "Is this you?"

"No, I would never do that."

Guilty.

"Yes, I entered a beauty contest for women 65 to 69, but Helen Mirren won."

It was only a dream. Please, it was only a dream.


3 comments:

  1. There are no words except to say that . . . I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful. Writing down livid dreams increases their potency and retention. :)

    ReplyDelete