Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Festival of Trees 2011

It's that time of year again when the Festival of Trees is launched to raise money for Primary Children's Hospital. Each year, Sarah and her family spend a day decorating a tree in honor of Lucy Gladys Plummer. This year its a twelve days of Christmas theme, and I now see that I've used a photo that cuts off the partridge in a pear tree.

Oh vel.

It is a gorgeous tree and sold last night to two nice ladies. Come and see it on Aisle B next to the Coca Cola tree.


Sarah and Sam
David, Heidi, Louise, Sarah, Sam, Tom and Sharon (seated)
Sharon
We ran into Nicole Santiago from our Provo ward. She and Sam grew up together. I'm sorry to say I can't remember her married name, but she married a Dutch man. It's like-- hey, we're related! Who wouldn't want to be related to Nicole?

Naturally, I'm grasping divinity and fudge.

Sam's growing a beard, and I like it.


5 comments:

  1. (Especially for buying divinity for my mom. Bless your little heart.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is gorgeous, and I hope you're saving some fudge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel honored to have made the blog. Running into the faces of my youth was more than one could ask for this Christmas. Lucy's tree was fantastic - simply the best! And, Tom's tears just warmed up the season. I'll love all of you forever. Can we get together with Frank and Ella? Love you, Mrs. Kooistra :)

    ReplyDelete