Monday, May 14, 2012

Jury Duty

For the first time in my life I have been called to Jury Duty.  I called this morning with my juror number and reporting number at hand and was told there would be no jury trials on Monday.

Wow, it's like a snow day.  I've been expecting to be at court all day and now I don't have to go.

I will paint the bookcase in the living room, which is looking a bit shabby.  I will read some more about l7th century Dutch culture.  I will send out delinquent birthday gifts.  Happy Unbirthday everyone.

What are you doing today?

6 comments:

  1. Gearing up to take the boys to Dave & Buster's for some birthday we're-sorry-we-had-another-baby kissing up to Louie. Heaven help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from doing a presentation at Clayton jr. High. I'm exhausted. How do teachers do it all day long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating my birthday, which is actually tomorrow, because I'm going to someone else's party tomorrow night. Paki cuisine and The Avengers with my huz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I get called to Jury Duty every six months. I can't believe it was your first time. Maybe you need to move to California, apparently we need a lot of juries.

    Probably the homicides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got called to jury duty last year. Unfortunately, the jury was in Pottawatomie County, and I live in Wabaunsee County. A mistaken border identity, apparently.

    And I was ready to serve my civil duty, pearls and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you didn't have to go. What color did you paint the bookcase?

    ReplyDelete