Sunday, July 8, 2012

A star is born

Tonight, two families gathered down in the social room for Sally's blessing (christening).  There's a lot to say about this particular blessing, but I don't want to wax eloquent about loss and renewal; I'm too tired.

I'll skip to something that happened later in the evening.   Erica and Murgatroyd were giggling together.  "What's so funny?" I asked.  They pointed across the room at the refreshment table, where my six-year old grandson, who will now be called Eldon Peever forever more, was eating fruit straight out of the bowl with the serving spoon.  Then he poured himself a glass of water, drank some of it and poured the rest back into the pitcher.

He would make a fine character in a third-grade novel.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a much better way to be remembered than the poor 40-year-old man who will forever in my mind be Bruce Who Peed Down the Slide in First Grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I didn't know this. Where were his parents?

    Have you rested enough to share your thoughts on loss and renewal? It doesn't even have to be eloquent. My brain just won't go there right now, no matter how much I wish it would.

    ReplyDelete