Monday, March 18, 2013

Back from spring vacation

We taught today.  I set up a library instruction hour, so all I had to do was sit in the back and smile pleasantly at the librarian.  This was her shtick.  Research through a university library is a cinch now:  you can sit in your beddy and do it on a laptop.  Of course, some students fail to understand peer-reviewed articles and try to google their way through a paper.  Murmur murmur.

Am I complaining?  Because I'm grateful to have work.

Tonight was Sharon's viewing.  David, her husband, told me that she made him breakfast on Wednesday morning (she died in the early morning of Friday).  Oh Sharon, do you have to make it so hard for the rest of us?

I promise you that if, God forbid, I ever get diagnosed with systemic schlerosis, I will say, "Give me the morphine pump and a plastic bag."

Not Sharon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your friend, Sharon. Sending thoughts your way today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know how to do research more thoroughly. I need your librarian's instruction.

    Louise I'm with you with the morphine and plastic bag.

    ReplyDelete