Monday, February 17, 2014

The day after the day after Valentine's Day

After church on Sunday, we had brunch in a booth (unlike burger in a box) and listed favorite moments of our marriage, favorite houses, favorite vacations, favorite dinners--list making generally.  Tom asked if I had a choice to live in any house we'd ever lived in, where would I return.  Good question!

"Do you have a house in mind?" I asked.

He nodded.  It was long list I had to run through my head.  Finally:  "the cottage in Nova Scotia," I said and we high fived.  A cottage with a huge perennial garden overlooking the Northumberland Strait with our own cove.   Down the lane grew wild blueberries sweet as Eden.  Grapes flourished on trellises at the side of the house and one old gnarled apple tree continued to produce apples year after year.  It was the second house we owned with a flag pole.  Canadian flag on top, American Flag bottom.

This morning I found a brand new cottage on the Northumberland Strait on three acres.  "Look what I found."  I showed Tom.

"Let's do it.  Let's move to Nova Scotia. "

"We like where we are,"

"Let's not move to Nova Scotia."

"Good idea."

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love hearing of couples that have moved around, my husband and I have been married for three years this past January and already lived in 6 places and I love all the little memories we have of those places and also what each place taught us.

    ReplyDelete