Sunday, September 21, 2014

High Tea for the old lady

 When I see photos on a blog that look like the photos I'm about to post, I always want to slash my wrists, because I'm sure that others live more perfect lives than I do.

So I want you to know that one of these beautiful women below called another one a "lard butt" in the car on the way home.

Does that put our lives in perspective?

It was Erica's idea to have tea at The Grand America with just the girls for my birthday.  Lovely, lovely, lovely.

A few days later, Rian announced that she had bought a new dress from Anthropology for the occasion.  This put the rest of us in a tizzy.  Maybe we hadn't given enough thought to our clothing.  I went out and bought a new jacket and ended up not wearing it.  Erica said she tried on everything in her closet.

High tea carries so much pressure with it.

It was like playing grown up.  So grand. So fun.  We've planned the next one for after Christmas when more "girls" will be in town.  Rian said the only way it would have been better is if the Queen herself had been there.

Speaking of lard butt.

I've been looking at this photo for twenty-four hours.  Kisses to you all.



Grandaughters: Rian, Murgatroyd and Anne  (Missing: Samantha, Katelyn and Sally)


The waiter wanted to know if Anne was a celebrity.  She said, "No, we always bring along our own photographer."


Who would name a lovely child, Murgatroyd?
I stole this  and other pics from Anne's blog (anniepants.blogspot.com)


Tom's photo of Sarah
Anne took this shot of her mother, Erica

Rian set the standard
Anne, Anne, come quick as you can.  There's a talking fish in the frying pan!

Happy Birthday to me.



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely looking time! I also am glad to know my family is not the only one calling each other names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you all had the good sense to go out and not make high tea yourselves. Happy birthday to you, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a beauty tonight--love it and your beautiful family!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete