Friday, February 27, 2015

Why is it harder to drive to Provo than Salt Lake?

Yesterday, I had to drive to Provo and, low and behold, it was snowing when I left.  It hasn't snowed since Christmas.  We've had a couple of months of sunny days with temperatures in the fifties and sixties. Bulb plants are coming up too early; the flowering pear tree in front of my house is budding.

Sounds heavenly, doesn't it?  In fact, it's eerie.  What are we getting in March?  Drought, that's what.

Anyway, I backed out of the garage and said out loud, "Really, Lord?  Today?"

He evidently heard me, because it stopped in five minutes.  I apologize for cutting the snow storm short.  It's my fault.

Question:  Why do I find it more difficult to drive to BYU in Provo than driving to downtown Salt Lake?  They're about the same distance from my house.

I'm interested in your answers.

I'll be back on Monday.



2 comments:

  1. Because in your mythology a city is more interesting. That's my guess. After living in New York, I wondered if Salt Lake qualifies as a city. It does. I think it's nifty. "And there are mountains, Gandalf. Mountains!"

    ReplyDelete