Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Today at Claire's


I met with Ann today and she had two earrings in one ear.  So cheering! She and I actually got our second piercings years ago wanting to be like Denna Hales, our neighbor, in every way.  Then Gordon B. Hinckley announced that one piercing was enough and, of course, BYU made it an immediate rule. I was teaching there, and I let those holes grow in, although, I have to say that I think President Hinckley was just talking off the top of his head and hadn't thought about it for two minutes.

Then a couple of younger bloggers had shown their young daughters with new earrings from Claire's in time for the first day of school.  It's been ten years since I retired, and I have missed those first days of class, which are a total high.

I needed to go to Claire's for a little lift. I needed a second earring.  So I had them repierced and now I have a pearl and a zircon in each ear.  And I have an added bounce in my step.

Next: tattoos.  What do you think, Ann?




5 comments: