Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas a year ago


Sarah took this pic of Sally and me last year at a performance of Messiah in their stake center. I love that braid that falls down the side of her head. She was a good audience member until it got too long. "When is it ending?" she would whisper to me. I would mark off the numbers on the  program so she could see them. "There are eclairs waiting for us," I told her. I was looking forward to an eclair myself.

No masks. One could still snuggle with a grandchild. Whoever thought the world could change so dramatically in a few short months? George said, "Remember when I was young and we didn't have to wear masks?" He's four!

Last night we had dinner with our local children (no grandchildren) and we wore masks when we weren't eating and exchanged presents and told stories and it was wonderful. It was a gift. Christmas is precious this year.

That's why I told them about my new front closing bra.                                                  

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment