I can say it now: December stunk. The rest of 2012, though, was excellent, and 11/12ths of "way above average" is not bad.
Here are the highlights:
1. Anne and Spencer's wedding
2. Rian's graduation in Pittsburgh
5. Sally Plummer. May Day.
13. I knitted half a sock. Several times.
4. I began writing poetry. At least, I think that's what it is.
3. Tom and I became artists. Life is short. Be an artist.
6. My best friend from high school, Christine, and I got season tickets at the Hale
Theater. Sometimes we show up wearing identical shirts.
17. A ten-day 70th birthday celebration.
9. Sharon K. keeps going, defying doctors, family and friends.
12. I began teaching again. Still love the classroom. Still hate reading the papers.
8. We taught the eight-year olds in Primary and they gave me hope for our world.
10. My sons and their families are doing life's Hokey Pokey and that's what it's all about.
19. Card-playing sisters.
11. I still love Tom Plummer. I remember when I wrote his name in my notebook.
7. Netflix and Books. In that order, I'm afraid.
10. Hot water, a ridiculous choice of foods, heat, air conditioning and the swimming pool.
27. Friendships across generations.
What floated your boat in 2012?