Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Second Annual Great Salt Lake Float


I went a few weeks ago with Erica, Anne and Murgatroyd.  Then Tom and I took Linda and just stood in the water. It was silent.  How often can you hear silence?

People, if you live near the Great Salt Lake, take your loved ones and go floating.  The water is warm. Do it this week. It's wonderfully relaxing.

October has been stunning so far.  The best place is antelope Island (it's cleaner and doesn't smell). The old beaches near Salt Air are smelly and thick with muddy brine shrimp, but once you get in the water, all that is forgotten.

I can't begin to say how much I enjoy floating in the Great Salt Lake, and it's ours!

4 comments:

  1. You have a great floating smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise the Trend Setter
    http://www.mentalfloss.com/article/68721/science-behind-relaxing-hallucinatory-float-dark-tank-water

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea one could still do that. Thank you for the suggestion. I will add this to my list of 60 fun things to do before I turn 60. It would be even more fun to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on the cleaner beaches! We went once as a Young Women activity and the bugs were crunching in our swimsuits. Unforgettable...and not in a good way. You make it look much more pleasurable!

    ReplyDelete